Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Holiday Traditions

Since 1991 our family has had the tradition of making candy and delivering it to our friends on or around Christmas. Another tradition is that each year we take a family photo and send it with or as a Christmas card to all of our friends and family. I know we've done this every year since at least 2002.

This year we did not uphold either of these traditions. I really don't have explanations as to why. I wanted to, but I guess I felt like that desire was not embraced by any other member of my family.
We couldn't all get it together to take a family photo - which seems ridiculous considering what a great photographer Jenifer is. . . but the guys (James and Colby - not Kenneth) had bushy hair and beards in November and in December when we were together, James and Kenneth both needed haircuts.
I probably could have pushed and James would have been fine but Kenny is another story...

The candy making and subsequent delivery are very time consuming projects and while I have plenty of time, I really just did not have the energy to undertake the task by myself. Karli has been my biggest helper with this for the past few years but with her work schedule she didn't get to come home until the 23rd and when she got here we left immediately for Arizona. We probably could have made it when we got back on the night of the 25th but at that point I felt like we'd pretty much missed the boat so why bother.

For us, 2012 was a good year. Most of you probably already know that we are grandparents now, which was probably the most exciting thing that happened to us this past year! Tatum James Howard joined our family on July 11th. He is adorable and loved very much!

Anyway, I wanted to just let everyone know that even though you didn't get a candy delivery or a Christmas card from us this year it doesn't mean that we weren't thinking of you. I hope that you are all healthy and happy and that 2013 will be a great year for you and all of your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment